Thursday, February 5, 2009

Show theme music - Legacy by Nicole Nordeman hits home with Solutionz Live founder

When I formed Solutionz Media Group and launched Solutionz Live!, I wanted to find a song and a "sign off" line for the show that would be memorable and impactful.

I started doing promotional videos for every guest on my show using a tool called Animoto.com. It is a very cool tool for those of you that haven't tried it.

They had a wide range of music and while I could generally find music that worked, nothing "fit" what I was trying to accomplish with Solutionz Live and Transition Solutionz.

A few weeks ago a friend and I were talking about where we are at in our lives and it really hit home when she said that right now we should be working at leaving a legacy, not just having a job or a career. That was it. A legacy.

That is what Solutionz Live! is all about. Not my legacy, although it would nice if it becomes that. It is about helping my listeners create their own legacy by providing real life solutions to real problems with a goal of growth. Whether you are a business person in a corporation or an entrepreneur, the show has content for professionals on business topics, social and spiritual topics and personal topics, promoting growth in all three aspects of your life.

So yesterday, when Animoto announced that they added the Gospel/Contemporary Christian Genre to their stock music available to create the promotional videos, I was so glad to find Nicole Nordeman's song Legacy.

Here are the lyrics. You can order the album too if you would like. I've provided a link to Amazon.


Legacy by Nicole Nordeman from Woven and Spun
copyright 2002 Sparrow Records

ORDER HERE

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all the who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such 'n such...it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an "Atta boy" or "Atta girl"
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
the temporary trappings of this world

Chorus:
I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to you enough to make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

I don't have to look too far or too long awhile
To make a lengthy list of all that I enjoy
It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile
Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon destroy

Chorus

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred
Just want to hear instead, "Well done" good and faithful one

Now all I need to do is find out how to contact her to ask her to be a guest on my show! (I'm working on it as we speak!)

Choose to love today. Leave your own legacy.

Chicke Fitzgerald
founder Solutionz Media Group
Solutionz Live!, Transition Solutionz, the Executive Girlfriend's Group

No comments:

Post a Comment